Taking the Reins is the only nonprofit organization in Los Angeles that uses horseback riding to allow you to
develop confidence, responsibility, and assume leadership roles, through teamwork with the animals.
When you are enrolled in Taking the Reins you will not only learn how to ride and care for a horse; you will also
learn the following:
- To develop responsibility and compassion by taking care of a horse
- To gain strength and agility by participating in a healthy outdoor activity
- To practice teamwork
- To practice leadership
- To develop friendships through fun, interactive group activities
- To experience a sense of accomplishment and pride through the mastery of riding and the opportunity to participate in fun and informal competitions
- To learn about jobs related to equestrian activities.
For more information contact your counselor.